Most people associate liposuction with unwanted fat around the abdomen, but it can be used on other parts of the body as well. Though this procedure is not a weight loss solution, it’s a great way to remove stubborn fat and contour parts of the body that you may be unhappy with.
The following body areas are commonly targeted for liposuction treatment:
- Inner knees
- Flanks (love handles)
- Neckline and the area under the chin (submental)
- Thighs – saddlebags (outer thighs), and inner thighs
- Upper arms
Good liposuction candidates are those who have good skin elasticity, where the skin can mold itself into new contours. People whose skin lacks elasticity may end up with loose-looking skin in areas where the procedure was done.
Liposuction has even replaced breast augmentation as America’s most popular cosmetic procedure! As the popularity of minimally-invasive liposuction has skyrocketed, so has the array of in-office procedures:
- Laser Lipo procedures are minimally invasive, ultra-precise, and use only local anesthesia. Laser Lipo uses laser thermal energy to reduce fat cells. Dr. Schwartz uses the FDA-approved ProLipo™ laser lipo system, which is less invasive than traditional liposuction, offering a faster recovery with less pain, swelling or bruising.
- VaserLipo uses the power of ultrasound to reduce unwanted deposits of fat with low to minimal pain. The ultrasound high frequency energy can break apart fat cells to slim and shape your body. This procedure is ideal for delicate areas, such as inner thighs, arms, chin and neck.
- Tickle Lipo utilizes a gentle, high-speed vibration-assisted energy to break down fat while keeping the connective tissue intact. The liquefied fat is then drained from the body by being gently sucked away. This treatment is particularly ideal for patients who previously didn’t qualify for outpatient liposuction procedures.
To learn more about your Liposuction options, schedule your consultation with Dr. Schwartz by filling out the form on this page or by calling his practice at (913) 451-8346. Premier Vein & Body by Schwartz serves Kansas City, Leawood, and Overland Park.
*This blog provides general information and discussion about medicine, health and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately-licensed physician.