Also known as body contouring or body shaping, body sculpting involves reshaping body contours by removing fatty deposits under the skin in “problem areas” that are often resistant to diet and exercise, including the abdomen, love handles, inner thighs, chin and more!. If you lead a healthy lifestyle yet can’t seem to get rid of stubborn pockets of fat, this treatment may be right for you. Keep reading to learn about body sculpting and how long it may take to see results.
Types of Body Sculpting Treatments Available
Premier Vein & Body by Schwartz is one of the few body sculpting centers in the Kansas City metro area that offer such a wide selection of both non-surgical and minimally-invasive procedures.
Non-Surgical Body Contouring:
- SculpSure: Also known as “WarmSculpting”, SculpSure uses controlled laser technology to precisely target and break up stubborn pockets of fat under the skin. You will feel cooling with intervals of deep warmth during this treatment.
- CoolSculpting: CoolSculpting uses the science of cryolipolysis to freeze fat. You can expect it to metabolize your fat cells slowly but surely without damaging the surrounding tissue.
- Vaser Shape: Vaser Shape uses ultrasound waves to heat the targeted stubborn fat pocket and underlying tissue. It supports your body in metabolizing, draining, and reabsorbing the fatty tissue and excess fluids.
- Venus Freeze: Venus Freeze works through Multi-Polar Radio Frequency and Magnetic Pulsed Fields. It can reduce your cellulite and restore new forms of collagen.
Non-Surgical Body Contouring Results
Although there are many benefits to utilizing non-surgical procedures to remove unwanted fat, including no downtime, incisions or needles, multiple treatments are typically required, spaced 8-12 weeks apart, to achieve body contouring goals. While you may notice some changes in your body contour within six to eight weeks, it takes approximately 10-12 weeks to enjoy optimal results from SculpSure, CoolSculpting, Vaser Shape and Venus Freeze.
Non-Surgical Body Contouring Consultations Available
Minimally-Invasive Body Contouring:
For patients seeking body contouring results with only one treatment and more immediately noticeable fat reduction, minimally-invasive liposuction procedures are performed right in the comfort and convenience of the office using tumescent anesthesia, avoiding the side effects and cost of general anesthesia. Many different “brands” of in-office liposuction have been introduced to the fat reduction market, using different types of energy, such as laser, ultrasound, radiofrequency, etc. to melt and destroy fat cells. Premier Vein & Body is the only Kansas City area practice that offers all three energy options available for liposuction: laser, ultrasound and the newest generation, vibration-assisted. No matter which energy source is utilized, Dr. Craig Schwartz meticulously designs every detail as he removes unwanted fat to improve the contour of your body!
- Laser Lipo: Laser thermal energy ruptures fat cells, which are then gently suctioned away and drained from the body, resulting in lost inches and a more slender body contour.
- Tickle Lipo: Vibration-Assisted Liposuction’s energy breaks down fat while keeping the connective tissue intact. The liquefied fat is then drained from the body by being gently sucked away. As this form of liposuction does not use any type of heat as its energy source, there is no chance of skin burn or injury, as there can be with laser and ultrasound technology. Patients that did not previously qualify for outpatient lipo procedures (those within thirty pounds of ideal body weight) now can have larger volumes of fat evacuated.
- Vaserlipo: Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuction uses ultrasonic energy to “melt” fat in a specific area, which is then emulsified, making its removal much easier. It is a perfect form of liposuction for hard-to-treat areas such as the chin, neck, cheeks, knees, calves and ankles, as well as denser pockets or larger volumes of fat.
Minimally-Invasive Body Contouring (Liposuction) Results:
Although there are many benefits to utilizing in-office liposuction procedures to obtain your body contouring goals, such as only one treatment being needed, most patients consider the best benefit to be that of more immediate noticeable results. Although patients will experience some swelling for the first several weeks, some fat reduction and body contouring results are immediately noticeable, with full results seen in 3-6 months post-procedure. Unlike non-surgical body contouring options, in-office liposuction does require that patients wear compression garments for a period of time after the procedure, and does involve a lengthier recovery time with some pain, bruising and swelling.
Take the Next Step
If you have further questions about body sculpting or are wondering whether you are a good candidate for it, we encourage you to schedule a complimentary body contouring consultation with Dr. Craig Schwartz at Premier Vein & Body by Schwartz. Call us at (913) 701-3545 or fill out our online contact form. We look forward to meeting you!